Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] OT: Cable vs DSL

Patrick, I'd be very happy with 28.8, or even 14.4.  The best I've ever received at my cottage on the Queen Charlottes is 2 kbps on dial-up, but more usually it's about 1 kbps!  I'm at the very end of the road for both power and telephone.  Wish I had a better alternative!!!  Mostly, I'll drive into town and go to our local Haida Rose's Cafe.  Very fast internet access there.  Alternatively, I'll look around for a Wi-Fi system and "hitch-hike" onto the signal for a few minutes.....Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC.