[IRCA] My New TECSUN R9012 ULR Arrived today from CHINA.......Took 9 Days!!

[IRCA] My New TECSUN R9012 ULR Arrived today from CHINA.......Took 9 Days!!

Hi Guys:

 Well...the Tecsun R9012 ULR arrived today from CHINA....in only 9
Days!!! This was purchased from tquchina on EBAY. He sent it VERY WELL
PACKED by REGISTERED MAIL...and it arrived safely!! He even marked it as
"A GIFT for my Friend"......and it arrived Duty Free.

All that was in the Box was the Radio....no Manual or EarBuds or other
accessories......so I gather that's all you get is the Radio???

This R9012 is ORANGE in Colour and has a string Carry Strap. Seems to be
a fairly well built unit for the price. When you are tuned in to a
station a Little Red Led lights up to show you are tuned in.

I haven't tried it out really...... just long enough to see that I was
able to pretty much NULL OUT all 3 of my Locals while sitting in the
Basement!!! Can't say much about Sensitivity or Selectivity yet......but
it sure can make Stations Disappear!!!!

I still can't believe they are selling these things so cheap!!??? I'll
give this thing a whirl tonight and over the weekend...and see what
it'll do??

This is starting to get CRAZY again......Back in the 80's and 90's when
I was heavy into collecting Vintage/Antique Radios..I had OVER 500
Pocket Transistors in my Collection.......Like Old Sony TR63's,
Toshibas, Zeniths, Motorolas, Regency TR-1 and stuff like that. I sold
them all when I decided to thin things out a few years back.

Now in the last year..I have been accumulating ULRs like they're goin'
outta style.......so everything has just gone full circle.....only now
I'm collecting Current Pocket Transistors!!! AHHHAHHAHA......It's a good
thing my wife knew I was nuts BEFORE we got married......she just looks
at me and shakes her head!! HAHHAHHA.....She always was one to give me
just enough rope to hang myself!!

Man...I feel like like a kid again......Can hardly wait for the R911 to
arrive from Australia!!

73...ROB.

Robert S. Ross VA3SW
London, Ontario CANADA