Re: [IRCA] Are Broadside Nulls Deeper with Phased Active Loops?

Re: [IRCA] Are Broadside Nulls Deeper with Phased Active Loops?

Please indulge me here, but I'm wondering just how much of the S9+15 of noise you have is actually coming from LA at 40 miles away. Ordinarily city noise doesn't radiate that far at that level. This doesn't alter the basic question you've asked, but it might factor into the discussion of a solution. I suspect the high tension lines are the primary noise source, and while the single array has reduced the noise by 15db, you need more.

I am unfamiliar with the Wellbrooks other than a very basic second-hand knowledge. One other option might be a cardioid array, which can be achieved by phasing a loop and a vertical, and if indeed the majority of the noise is N then it's easier to deal with.

I would try taking the portable and going right up close to the lines to your North and following the level as you move toward your home, then go a similar distance to the South and compare the results.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id