Re: [IRCA] ULTRALIGHT DX....UNID 1460 Khz...More Info on this From Doug Smith in Nashville!!

Re: [IRCA] ULTRALIGHT DX....UNID 1460 Khz...More Info on this From Doug Smith in Nashville!!

Hi Guys:

  I have had some Communication with DOUG SMITH in Nashville on my
SOLID GOSPEL 105 Unid from this morning...those communications are shown
below......

73...ROB.

DOUG SMITH WROTE........

(According to the station website http://www.wlct.com/ , WEEN-1460
*does* carry the Solid Gospel satellite network.

I'm not sure why the "105" part though.

Two guesses:

- Their satellite dish is out of order & they're temporarily picking up
the network off-air from WBOZ-FM.

- The Solid Gospel network is cheaper than I think and is simply
uplinking WBOZ's signal.  (WBOZ is the HQ station for the network)  And
WEEN's automation is broken & isn't covering the WBOZ slogans.

ROBERT ROSS REPLIED to DOUG.........

Hi Doug:

 Thanks for the Info and Possibilities on this UNID. I didn't know that
WBOZ 104.9 was the HEADQUARTERS STATION for the SOLID GOSPEL
Network........but now that you point that out....that would make sense.
If they are the main cog in the network....perhaps the network is just
feeding off them at present...and using the Solid Gospel 105 Slogan they
are picking up from them?? If you get a chance to listen to 1460
WEEN....can you please let me know if they are IDing as "SOLID GOSPEL 105??"

Thanks for the work you have done on this so far. Hopefully I will be
able to confirm this is them!!

Regards...ROB.

Robert S. Ross VA3SW
London, Ontario CANADA