[IRCA] ULTRALIGHT DX.....2008 was my BEST YEAR EVER for New Stations Logged!!!

[IRCA] ULTRALIGHT DX.....2008 was my BEST YEAR EVER for New Stations Logged!!!

Hi Guys:

 Well ....thanks to my New Found Interest in Ultralight DX......2008
turned out to be my BEST YEAR EVER....in terms of Total NEW STATIONS
Logged!!! Who would have thought I would Log more Stations in 2008 on an
ULTRALIGHT...than I did in any other year since I began keeping an AM
BCB Logbook in 1976!!

It shouldn't be possible....but here's the Stats........

AUG 1976.....Started keeping an AM BCB Logbook. Had DX'd casually for
years before that without keeping Records!!

Total Stations heard for 1976 was........180 Stations.

Total Stations heard for 1977 was........191 Stations

The Only other Year I logged more than 100 Stations was.......1983 when
I logged 102 Stations.

Before Starting ULR Dxing in Jan 2008...I had several Years with
Absolutely ZERO NEW Stations Logged.....Some years with Less than 10
Stations Logged and Many years with less than 30 Stations Logged for the
year.

I have just tallied up my NEW STATIONS for 2008.....ALL of which were
heard using an ULTRALIGHT RADIO.........

And I am happy to report that my First Year of ULTRALIGHT DXing is my
BEST YEAR of ALL TIME with 203 NEW STATIONS HEARD!!!

I have Logged a TOTAL of 1223 AM BCB Stations to date.....of
that........634 of them have also been logged on ULTRALIGHT......and of
course...223 of those were ONLY Logged on the ULTRALIGHTS!!

So far in 2009 I have LOGGED 20 NEW STATIONS ...and they were ALL Logged
on the ULTRALIGHTS!!

Throughout the Years I have used MANY different Receivers and Antennas
including.....but not limited to.....

Realistic DX 160
Realistic TRF
RCA AR88
Hammarlund SP-600
Collins R-390A
Collins 651S-1
Collins HF-2050
Drake R8B
JRC NRD 535D
Sony 2010
And my Stable of over 10 ULTRALIGHTS!!!

It`s been a great year for DX with the Ultralights..but more importantly
.....it`s a year that has seen a resurgence of my Interest in BCB
DXing....and probably the most Enjoyable year I have had since I
discovered this crazy hobby over 30 years ago!!

With the Challenge of using ULR`s ....I hope to enjoy many more
successful years of BCB DX. I hope those of you who are also having FUN
with ULR`s can have as much FUN as I did in 2008...and the first 2
months of 2009!!

73.....ROB.

Robert S. Ross VA3SW
London, Ontario CANADA