Re: [IRCA] CFL bulbs

If a CFL dies before its rated hours, check the manufacturer's Web site. I
had a bad batch of 65W CFL floods from N:Vision, which sent replacements.
Other vendors might be doing likewise.

One thing I really like about CFLs is being able to have brighter light. I
put 100W CFLs in lamps and fixtures rated for 60W because a 100W CFL
actually draws only about 23W. So it's still well below what the lamp or
fixture is rated to handle.