Re: [IRCA] NE EWE

At 06:58 PM 2/2/2009, you wrote:
>This afternoon when I got back from a job, I raised the NE EWE up
>another foot. Now it is 15X40X15. I also added another copper pipe a
>foot away from the first one and tied them together at the termination
>pot.  Did it make any difference? Maybe but not much difference. The EWE
>still is doing its job. Threshold audio on 1575 Farda a bit ago and a
>strong het at almost audio on 783.
>73,
>
>Patrick
>
>Patrick Martin
>KGED QSL Manager
Patrick, my understanding of grounds is that they need to be separated by some distance, and not just a few inches or a foot to be effective (This was pointed out to me when I was doing the same as you at the cottage on the Charlottes by Chuck Hutton.  I'm reading an interesting brochure at the moment that I acquired from Harold Sellers of ODXA fame in Ontario about grounds and sure enough, they say the same thing.  You might rethink how you place grounds and then bind them together.  I don't have the reference right in front of me, but there is an improvement with multiple grounds, but it's not 1 + 1 = 2, it's somewhere much lower.  I.e, 2 grounds aren't twice as effective (I guess I was thinking of the ohms equation for grounds).  Anyway, just a thought.  I'm hearing weak audio on 531 at the moment at 04:39......Walt.