[IRCA] brief west coast TA?

A radio check at 0050 utc had nothing but a little 189 Iceland, but tuning on MW, once I hit 1134 had a huge het. Croatia was the strongest I've ever had it, with a solid 8 or better. Even the R75 wide AM-sync immediately locked and captured the whole channel with no splatter, but only for about 30 seconds. Just a lucky thing to happen on it with a huge fadeup. Still occasional poor audio now. I'm glad I got to experience what a TA reception can be under very good conditions, however brief. 1215 fair het, a couple other channels with decent hets, though 1575 wasn't one of them.
Steve
NE Oregon