Re: [IRCA] Alberta TPs for 31 Jan 2009

Thaniks to Bill Harms for confirming that it was indeed Korean I heard on 747 this morning. Looks like the K9AY is still working in spite of being half buried in snow!

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta

Nigel Pimblett wrote:

I'm not quite sure how to describe this morning's TPs here. When I first turned things on at 1430 the upper end of the dial sounded very alive with strong carriers, nad bits of audio on 1566 and 1575, while the low end sounded rather ho-hum. About 10 minutes later the upper end was all but dead, but the lower end had come alive. I was only hearing good audio on the usual frequencies (594/693/747/774/828), but weaker audio on several others. I was hearing another station behind the Japanese on 747, something I don't think I've ever noted before, and quite rapidly the second station came up over JOIB. It only stayed on top for a minute or so, sounding Korean to me, but the signal was clear enough I'm sure I'll be able to get the language identified. It just goes to show you never know what will turn up

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta