[IRCA] ALA 100 update info

Nick, Walt, etc.

I found a spot to run a loop from the SE corner of the house over to the
center tree in the the backyard, about 35 feet and the magnetic
direction is about due North, so perfect for TA's at adding 15 degrees.
I would like to have more than 35 feet, but the loop would have a total
length of 75-80 feet which hopefully would be enough.   My question, how
far apart a minimum the two sides of the loop? Can they be separated by
a foot, 2 feet?  The more narrow I can put the rectangle together, the
easier it will be as I wont have to raise the loop too high. Also, I was
thinking if I have the top part of the loop on the corner of the house
at 12 feet in height or so, I presume I can have the far part in the
tree higher, so it would be at an angle. Anyone have experience with
these issues? If this would work, I would finaly have an antenna aimed
to the N/NE. I wish I had 100 feet to the North, but 35 is better than
nothing. Comments????
Thanks.

73,

Patrick