Re: [IRCA] Beverage antenna/ALA 100

Walt, Steve,  & Nick,

I don't see anyway I can run any antenna to the North/NE at this time.
Since Guy uses a rotor for his loop, I thought I could mount a loop made
of PVC pipe nailed on the ten foot stump behind my big dish. The huge
stump is solid as a rock and stands 10 feet tall. I have one piece of
PVC pipe, the NW lobe for the EWE.  I wonder, if I built a loop for the
the ALA unit, how long would the cross pieces be? I guess I could build
it to look like a box loop vertically aimed N/S. But I really don't have
anything I can run a wire N/S to. At least nothing permanent. E/W, tons
of space. This piece of property is basically E/W with the trees in a
row.
But coming up with a N/S loop is not an easy feat here. I went out  bit
ago and looked again (for the 90th time.) and I see really nothing other
than a loop idea. Maybe one in a tree in the backyard, between the
branches. But if what Steve say is true, running the ALA loop at 80
degrees is not going to give me any lobe to 20-40 degrees.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager