Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] ALA 100

At 04:13 1/27/2009, you wrote:

KAZ,

I basically am looking for "Any" antenna that I can do well with TAs
during the openings. If the ALA 100 will do it, that is what I want.

Actually, as Bill Block has pointed out, there is also the ALA100M, which has higher gain and slightly poorer signal handling capability, meant to be used with somewhat smaller loops. The kicker is that it appears to be the one that is sold to North Americans, as they no longer offer a 110VAC power supply for the original ALA100, just for the ALA100M. Colin Newell has an ALA100M...comments?

However, that's all according to their website....contacting Wellbrook directly and explaining what you want to do may lead to a solution not available on the site.

The power supply that used to be sold with the ALA100 for the North American trade was an off the shelf model (Stancor STA-300R) so could be purchased separately from Newark Electronics or ?? if the ALA100 interface unit hasn't changed.

best wishes,

Nick