Re: [IRCA] Friday night TA/ Beverage antenna

Re: [IRCA] Friday night TA/ Beverage antenna

Yes, TA activity on LW was good. I wish I did not have the noise level
there though on LW, but it could be worse. I did find out that the 1500'
Eastern beverage has a pretty decent lobe for TAs, where it doesn't work
on MW TAs. Apparently the wire is too long aimed at 75 degrees to work
on MW TA's. It was suggested a shorter wire running next to the beverage
going East, so that might be an option, if a shorter wire would not
affect the directivity of the 1500 footer. I sure don't want to mess up
the directivity of the beverage for great domestic DX.  I'll have to
fiqure out what percentage 150-300 khz matches to 1500 feet and maybe
use that same method on the length of a wire next to the beverage for MW
TA use. That is a thought, since the beverage does do a nice job with
TA's. Does anyone have any thoughts on that idea?

73,

Patrick