[IRCA] KBBI 890 AK reduced power

** ALASKA. AM 890 Homer Alaska. Where the Sound Meets The Sea

It's Friday at KBBI --- KBBI Transmitter at Reduced Strength

Hello dear friends, As of 4:45 Wednesday afternoon KBBI is still at 2,000 watts for a while longer. Continuous troubleshooting of the transmitter Wednesday afternoon has turned a couple new areas of concern and intermittent operation that will require more parts. The order has been placed and we hope to have those Thursday afternoon. The engineer is with us for at least Friday morning, if not longer.

We will continue to operate at 2 kW until the problems are resolved, or inclement weather forces us to power off to safeguard the transmitter. We continue to appreciate your patience and understanding as we work towards a solution. Thanks.

Sincerely, Dave Anderson, KBBI General Manager

Note - Subscribers to KBBI's E-Newsletters are receiving advisories. Please consider subscribing today (from http://www.kbbi.org Jan 23 via DXLD)

Apparently ``Wednesday`` means Jan 21, tho it`s always risky to assume anything on a website without a real date stated be current. Normal power is 10000 watts day and night, non-direxional, so should get out well. Now maybe something else can be heard on 890.

Webcast via http://radio.secretnation.org:8000/listen16k.mp3.m3u
is mono, rather lofi with a hum on it; AM off-air pickup? I was checking to see what ``Slack Tide`` was about, Friday 1800+ UT; just some pop/folk music, I assume not axually correlating with the tides which do not follow a regular weekly schedule.

Another show with an intriguing title is East of Adak, Saturdays 2130-2300 UT. Mostly it`s NPR network programming, but it looks like there are mostly locally-originated music shows in the local evenings. Check out the full UT -9 program schedule from this station at the end of the road (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)