Re: [IRCA] 1413

At 07:38 PM 1/22/2009, you wrote:
>Moldova apparently on 1413. Peaking very nicely with man in Slovik
>language, doesn't sound Russian though. I cannot find if this is a Int.
>Relay or who they are running. Moldovan language? Anyone know a sked for
>this one? Thanks.
>
>73,
>
>Patrick
>
>Patrick Martin
>KGED QSL Manager
No, Patrick.  It's Russian.  Moldovan, is basically Romanian, which is a Latin language and not Slavic, so nothing really in common.  They're quite well heard at 04:04....strong!  This is not Russia, but Radio PMR.....in Russian.
Well heard at 04:04 with mentions of the PMR....this is their domestic or "near abroad" service I suspect.....to neighbouring countries such as Russia and Ukraine, or to a domestic audience.  Great stuff!......Walt.