Re: [IRCA] Leykis on 1680... 1670

Another check of 1680 kHz, Jan 7 at 0633 UT found gospel music from KRJO Monroe LA. Then I shifted to 1670 for a while, WTDY Madison WI, promoting their website http://madison1670.com and its links to Pulse TV. So I also checked out their program schedule at http://wtdy.com/viewpage.php?id=5
and find that Sundays at 1-2 am CST, WTDY runs The Best of Tom Leykis which is exactly what I thought I was hearing on 1680; so I conclude that semi-sleeping, I must have been on 1670 instead of 1680.

I see that many of WTDY`s talkshows are far-right extremists, including Dennis Miller, Glenn Beck, Michael Medved, Laura Ingraham, just what Madison needs. I wonder what inspired the call letters --- as a vet, I always think of ``temporary duty``, but it could be ``turdy``, or more politely, ``too damn yucky``, or: ``We Talk Down to You`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)