Re: [IRCA] Loggings Pt. 2

On Monday 05 January 2009 23:07, Craig Healy wrote:
> > > On 960 I am getting a Canadian post game show that includes
> > > call- ins from listeners.  Does this fit what would be on CFAC?
> >
> > CFAC is the only Canadian left on 960. The only other option is
> > finding out if the opponent team is from a US city with a 960
> > station. However, I think you have them. I often note them here
> > with ESPN, // to KJR-950 next door. The NRC log says they go by
> > "The Fan." Good going.
>
> At the moment I'm hearing a football game with the Buckeyes.  It
> fades up to a very good level.  That's what makes me wonder if it's
> CFAC.  They are a long way off and the signal is coming up to a
> good level.  The earlier callers from different Provinces is what
> led me to think it could be CFAC.

I just checked 960 and found ESPN mostly on top, with C&W fading up at
times.  I strongly suspect the ESPN is CFAC, though can't be sure
without an ID.  Checking other channels, conditions seem to be good
to the west, e.g.:

540  presumed CBK in SK under CBEF
620  C&W, suspect CKRM in SK
940  CJGX in SK giving Montreal some competition
970  WDAY in ND noted in passing
990  CBW in MB pounding in, S9+10
1140 CHRB in AB quite strong

Barry