Re: [IRCA] 2008 Redux

Despite the interference caused by IBOC, I actually feel I made out pretty
well this year on MW with about 130 new loggings (which includes call
changes) to boost my total station count to over 1700. This is up a slight
amount from the previous year but still well below the 200-300 a year I was
averaging from 2003-2006.

I attribute most of the new catches to the almost exclusive use of software
defined radios recording top-of-the-hour swaths of the band for later review
(I almost never DX "live" any more, about which I have mixed feelings). I
filled out a lot of the regional channels with catches in states across the
eastern half of the US, also adding a more Canadian, Cuban and Mexicans than
in previous years. My favorite catch was a Cuban graveyarder on 1340 that I
ID'd via their national anthem. Nothing else in particular stands out,
though.

Brett Saylor
Central PA