Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 13:34:28 -0700
From: "Chris Knight" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [IRCA] Antenna Projects
	<irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The Crate Loop looks like a great project and I'm going to start
building
one this weekend to use with a Sony ICF-SW7600GR (light, but not
ultra-light) and perhaps with the Drake R8 (using a pick-up turn of
wire).
The only problem here is the computer hash (5 computers at this QTH).

The helically-wound vertical posted by Craig Healy may be the answer to
the
computer noise. The plan is to build a scaled-down version to go next to
the
computer in the shack as a noise sense antenna and attempt to phase out
some
of the hash.

Thanks guys for the great ideas/designs and for posting them! 73.

Chris Knight
Fort Lupton, CO