Re: [IRCA] Durham Radio Runs Out of Eton E100's

Re: [IRCA] Durham Radio Runs Out of Eton E100's

> Might you have one or three tucked away somewhere that you're willing to part with for a price? Inquiring minds want to know.Bert New

I have 2 - and in the interest of science and good will,
I would be willing to loan my E100 Slider (now almost fresh from
its Hawaiian adventure...) to any of you -

Anyone have a sense if there is a little brother or sister
to the E100?

In retrospect I am glad that I did not bring the Eton E1
all this way - the E100 is very directional and has helped
null out some unpleasant QRN - the E1's whip on MW would
not have done anything.

The Grundig G6 and Kaito 1103, also along for the ride,
have been virtually useless on MW against the slider -
and the Sony Prison has been an utter non-starter -

It too needs some large ferrite ears to dig into
that soft RF zone we call the pacific.

>From what I have experienced with the E100-Slider,
heretofore to be referred to the now discontinued
E100-s (I hope Gary, John an Guy approve...) or
the E100-S - it has performed about as well as
a Drake R8 locked on a 1.2 khz filter position
connected to a Wellbrook ALA100 and suitable loop
of wire -- actually and in all fairness - it
is BETTER than that.
The E100-s is more sensitive than the Sony 2010
by about 6db (or more) [using my ears here after all folks]
and a clear notch above the Eton E1 -

It is a shame that the E100 and E100-s are now slipping into
the real of legend... and my trip isn't even over yet...

Best 73 and Aloha,