Re: [IRCA] IBOC - Patrick's question

"Do you get any distant FM IBOC?  I cannot detect any FM IBOC hash here
on the Oregon coast from either Portland or Seattle stations, so I
wonder if I woul get any FM IBOC out here."

Hi, Patrick.

In this neck of the woods (northern New England) the major IBOC players are
the NPR stations. Vermont is doing a good job of getting IBOC online on FM
although the gentle art of actually streaming the title of what you're
listening to seems to be a little beyond their ability to figure out. Which
would be nice if they did, seeing as IBOC mainly carries their classical
service.

I suspect (because of the behavior of the work truck's "scan" function) that
there are a couple of stations in NH/VT that are carrying IBOC other than
VPR (Vermont Public Radio) but I haven't yet tried to see if they're
decodable at the home location. I do note that FM IBOC is far less obtrusive
in terms of adjacent channel interference than it is on AM.

Hm, mebbe when I get home in the morning I'll do a quick FM bandscan and see
if anything shows up - I know AM will give me bupkis...

Lee