[IRCA] List of Radios Used to Log 600 Ultralight Stations.........

[IRCA] List of Radios Used to Log 600 Ultralight Stations.........

Hi Guys:

  Several people have asked what Radio(s) I used to log my 600 ULR
Stations. Here`s a Run Down.......

SONY SRF-59 Analog...Started with this Radio Jan. 01 2008 (Compliments
of Gary Debock)

SONY SRF-39  Analog Prison Radio...Obtained a month or so later.......

SONY-SRF-T615 Digital.....Ordered from JAPAN at the end of Jan. 2008

ETON-E-100 Digital...Ordered from Durham Radio in April 2008 (Later
Modified with Narrow Filter and Slider Coil)

SANGEAN DT-400W Digital...Ordered from J&R Radio in NYC in August 2008

And Yes.......I DO have Multiples of many of these Radios!! (Gotta have
backups!!)

The First 300 were logged using a combination of the 3 Sony`s.

The Next 300 were logged using MAINLY the SONY SRF-T615 with the Eton
E-100 and Sangean used on Occasion.

My Favourite Radio to use for ease of Operation and it`s DX Capabilities
is the SONY SRF-T615!! It has heard some amazing stuff...and it is also
the SMALLEST of the 5 Radios. If I could only keep one of the
ULR`s.....it would be the SRF-T615. Next in Line would be the ETON-E-100
Slider!! But since I don`t have to chose.....I`m gonna KEEP `EM
ALL!!.....because they are all great little DX Machines.

The First 500 Stations were all logged BAREFOOT...using NO EXTERNAL
ANTENNAS or DEVICES.

The Last 100 Stations were logged using a 2.5 Foot Homebrew Tunable Box
Loop, or the E-100 SLIDER COIL  ANTENNA, or a PK Tunable  Passive Loop
which was purchased from AUSTRALIA...and is quite GOOD!!

All 600 Stations were Logged from INSIDE MY HOME......The Majority of
them from the BASEMENT!! Other DX Locales were.....The Bedroom (When I
was Lazy) and the Dining Room Table when I wanted to Spread things out a
little!!

So there it is.........You don`t need 3 Acres of Land to achieve this
feat.....just lots of Patience and Lots of Luck!!...and Lots of TIME!!

73...ROB.

Robert S. Ross VA3SW
London, Ontario CANADA