Re: [IRCA] Another Blight on the AM Landscape

Re: [IRCA] Another Blight on the AM Landscape

Might WWVA have gone iBLOC to avoid  cancellation troubles w/iNiquity?

Ancient History, Chapter  9832 - President Nixon closed many New England Navy
bases following  '72 reelection for old & tiresome reasons.

   Prior to AUG '74 closure, Naval Auxilliary Landing Field,  Charlestown,
Rhode Island's three runways were  repaved to avoid  harsh contractual penalties.

  This pleased the Swells who summered adjacent to NALF  Charlietown - no
more droning S-2F's would e'er again darken their seaside  soirees.

  Incorrigible gearheads including undersigned scribbling  dingbat delighted
as well -  three long smooth drag strips upon  which to field test MOPAR 383's
& similar eco-insensitive cars.

 Did WQXR classics onna Chrysler AM make going transonic all the  more
memorable? Why yes, they did.

 Whither iBLOC? Will it go the way of NALF Charlietown? Or, given  the new
regime's affinity for the Command Economy and  congenital yearning for the
control it yields, will iBLOC rise yet again -  to the pleasure of a few and
disheartening of many?

Time will  tell.

pv zecchino
manalog key, fl

"They're out of sight and out of mind at Charlietown."
                            - Lt. Cdr. H.L.S,
                              NAS Quonset Pt., ca. 1974

In a message dated 12/24/2008 12:36:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,