Re: [IRCA] Southern California ULR logs

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 23:26:25 -0800, Donald K. Kaskey wrote
> Assuming you were dxing from southern california you may have heard
> the Torrance station on 1650.  Last I heard KFOX are the calls.
> They have Asian programming.  Can't think of any thing else 1650-
> 1700 out here in the west with Asian programming.

Hi Don,

KFOX was a trip! Very strong signal into my QTH of Hermosa Beach. The day I
heard them, there was a OM and YL talking excitedly with quite a few "Merry
Christmas" mixed in the Korean language talk.

Pinpointing a frequency with an ultralight radio is challenge enough, but
this second signal was weaker and above 1650.

Hopefully I'll have some time today to go chase a few.

I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas.

P.S. I saw someone's surfboard decked out with Christmas lights...

Joe

-- 73 de Joe Miller, KJ8O, Troy, MI -- Grid EN82 --
------ WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com) ------