Re: [IRCA] WOON DX Test

Since WOON is a local to me, I didn't stay up to try.  I can hear them at
night mixed in with the usual GY mess.  Daytime they're perfectly
listenable.

The owner of the station, Dave Richards, is a real fan of radio.  I knew him
when I was CE of WNRI-1380 in the mid-70's.  Dave used to work there
part-time.

The weather conditions here are really quite poor.  It's been snowing since
Friday afternoon and there's about of foot of snow.  Still coming down as I
send this, which is rather unusual.  It doesn't often show here for days in
a row.  It's entirely possible that if the test had to be run manually
instead of just pushed into the automation that the person couldn't make it
last night.  Driving conditions are not good.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI