Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: [Amdx] WJOE 700

Scott Fybush wrote:

The folksinger John Forster had a great tune called "Entering Marion," the premise of which has him traipsing all over Massachusetts to visit lovely Marion, then Beverly, then Sharon...and then things take a turn, as he crosses over to Lawrence and Norton and Quincy, before culminating with...

"Around midnight I pulled into Athol
And flopped in a fleabag motel."

The full set of lyrics is here: http://www.johnforster.com/ENT_MAR.html - and the song itself is well worth seeking out.

I should have mentioned that the whole song is a setup to a very bad pun at the end, when the narrator decides he needs to return to his one true love, Marion, thus allowing him to conclude that, "oh yes, I'm the Marion kind."

Still funny, 20 years later...