Re: [IRCA] Radio Disney satellite feed down

Re: [IRCA] Radio Disney satellite feed down

> Whats the backup audio on WDDZ 550?

A Winamp playlist of older Disney songs.

> When I volunteered at WCTF-AM 1170, The Family Radio affiliate for
Hartford
> Connecticut... if the satelitte feed crapped out, a 30 minute CD of hymns
> with a legal id at the beginning. The CD was set to repeat on an endless
> loop until the OM could get there and call the CE if needed.

Pretty similar here.  Apparently not all Disney stations have backup audio,
or at least nobody on call to fire it up.  WQEW-1560 in NYC was dead air
until the satellite audio came back about 12:52am EST.

Other ABC programming was also affected.  Timeless Favorites on WNBH-1340
and WLKW-1450 was also down for a while.  Didn't check other feeds like
ESPN.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI