Re: [IRCA] 1710 unids

On Friday 05 December 2008 20:02, Chernos Saul wrote:
> I'm now online, and organized after arriving at Burnt River at
> sunset and hauling my three wires from underneath crusty ice and
> snow. One of the first things I noticed was a Spanish male preacher
> on 1710, with frequent words like Hallelujah. I also heard the
> woman Roy describes below. The language Jim is not sure about is
> Radio Soleil, in French. It's best on 1710.02 and I'm working in
> USB. Got a few nice IDs from them on tape and when I get back to
> Toronto where I have ethernet I will make this available to anyone
> who wants to hear. I have two subsequent tapes of the Spanish
> preacher, including content where there may be clues as to its
> identity. I will continue to listen as I also tune around the band
> looking for DX. The signals are pretty strong, and tonight is the
> Jewish Sabbath, so Lubavitcher pirate is off. Tonight - FRIDAY
> night - is the optimum time to get these two. And to my knowledge
> no one has IDed the Spanish-language station besides noting it is
> likely in the U.S. northeast.

This is likely the one that Chris Black recently reported, using an ID
of Radio Celestial.  And, with a bit of help from Mr. Google, I found
this (mind the wrap, if any):
http://www.inspiracioncelestial.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1022

They're putting in a good signal here tonight... and, although there
is a station about 20 Hz high, I believe this one is about 34 Hz
high.  It's a bit hard to sort out who's who, though.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON