Re: [IRCA] Day Power vs Night Power

I've been told that directly by the FCC, as I know Field Agents in several
different offices in the Eastern USA along with being told that by contacts
in Washington, DC at the FCC during communication with them on other
matters.

For an offending station to be caught, the station being interfered with
would have TO PROVE without a doubt what station is causing the problem and
they'd have to have COLD, HARD Facts as to exactly how much they are
"cheating".. they'd have to go out there and take Field Strength
Measurements of the offending signal....

I've never gone out to take Field Strength Measurements for anyone to prove
someone is cheating, but I've had broadcaster friends who have.....

And, if someone in a market reports a station across town is cheating, the
reporting station must be prepared. .as when the FCC comes to town, they
sweep ALL stations!

Paul Walker
www.onairdj.com