[IRCA] Orcas Isl TPs: Weird Morning

I really do wonder if we are seeing the beginning of the winter TP doldrums in the Pacific NW. This morning was very poor, but in a different way than earlier in the season. "Normally" when there is a bad morning, The vast majority of stations are reduced approximately the same amount.... The stronest ones are weaker, the mid-level are weak hets and the weak ones are just GONE. This morning and yesterday, too, the lower half of the band was fairly full of audio, but it was almost ALL at threshold level.... a lot of the normally weak ones were still there, too, and about as weak as ever.... and the strong ones were reduced, now, to their level. So, 603 and 612 were still there as were 765 and 783 (and 1116, 1188,1269, 1278, 1305, 1368 and 1386, but all of the normally strong Chinese, NK and all but the big 3 NHK2s were down at the same weak level. AND ALLA THIS IS GOING ON WHILE TAs are getting clear across the continent. That just doesn't make sense on two or three different levels!

Sure is interesting... but a steady diet of this morning would force me to look into golf lessons, for sure!

Three more mornings for me!!

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Slider E100
Antennas: Wellbrook Phased Array NW
Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest _______________________________________________