[IRCA] Saudi Arabia on 1521

Hi all,

    Well I've been able today to catch what I think is Saudi Arabia on 1521 (1520 in the radio) with my car stock radio. It was only 3:10 pm local (abt 2 hours before darkness) (20:10 UTC). The carrier was stronger than ever in car and I finally managed to hear a discussion between the animator and a person on phone in Arabic language quite strong overlapping WWKB 1520 Buffalo,NY. And when I arrived home, the house was cutting the signal from south and letting the Saudi Arabia signal coming strong so I was really getting it in clear. After that, I entered home and tried with my RS DX-380 little receiver that is quite good at nulling but not sensitve but I managed to null WWKB and be able to still catch Saudi Arabia with the internal loop. Before I start to MW DX, I was not aware of how it could be sometimes not too difficult to catch some MW DX with nothing but normal receivers and stock antenna.

Luc Fontaine
VE2FXL
St-Georges, QC, Canada
Rig:Icom IC-746Pro
Antennas: Alpha-Delta DX-Ultra modified for ham bands in inverted V with center at 20 feet high
and a not tuned (maybe soon) long wire abt 150 feet at just abt 4 feet high acting as noise and phasing/dephasing antenna
Phaser: MFJ-1025 (modified for MW)