[IRCA] SW EWE antenna

I tuned around this morning and I noticed immediately my null on the SW
EWE was not there. I quick look at the termination from acros the fence,
it loked kind  "ok", but it did not seem right. I clicked on the signal
generator as my transmitter and grabbed the portable rebroadcasting the
R8 on 820. With the null, I pretty much lose KGNW Seattle and KORC
Waldport OR dominates. This morning it was all KGNW. I knew something
was wrong. When I got to the termination, I found the wire mesh I had
nailed in front of the pot was pulled away and was loose. Of course the
pot was moved and the control was off. I repeaked it on 820 and came
back, got some nails and nailed the mesh back. A cow must have been
eating the grass next to it and pulled it loose. Fortunately with the
mesh, the pot and box was unharmed. Before I put the mesh there, the
cows would chew on the plastic box. That does not help the control
either. hi. Anyway everything is back to normal. Except, I had a time
repeaking the pot. It is almost 1 PM (PDT) and yet, skip is all over the
dial. Nothing is stable. Infact there is something on every X band freq
including a weak XEPE-1700. This was at 12:15 PM. KRED Eureka CA topping
Portland. As it gets towards Winter, adjusting those pots is not an easy
task. Often I have to go out and repeak them on a no skip middle of the
day, but those are hard to find.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin