To: <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2008 11:02 AM
Subject: [NRC-AM] Last Night's TAs

I didn't expect much with the K index up at 3, but some decent signals
appeared last night around 0400 utc.  With the disturbed conditions,
only the more southerly paths (i.e., the Iberian peninsula and north
Africa) were alive, and the best signals were near the bottom end of
the band.  A few highlights:

549   a huge het and some rare audio from Algeria (Koranic chanting)
558   Spain, RNE5 synchros, with very pronounced echo
594   presumed Portugal, with pop music
603   more RNE5, instead the more usual France Info
621   presumed Canary Is.
684   Spain, RNE1
693   presumed RDP Azores with music
738   Spain, RNE1 in severe CFZM slop
756   presumed R. Euskadi Spain, instead of usual Germany

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON