Re: [IRCA] [coastalroundtable] TP for 2Oct08: Who turned off the lights?

Re: [IRCA] [coastalroundtable] TP for 2Oct08: Who turned off the lights?

Walter,

Our local downturn (even worse here, with no DU action) is totally your fault.... you went and labeled yesterday's cx as "Ho Hum." I've found that every time that I admit publicly that I find the conditions boring, the next morning is MUCH WORSE! I think that this effect is closely related to the phenomenon of a DX signal going in the toilet at exactly xx:59:45 or dropping precipitously as soon as you turn on the recorder.... Quit messing with the DX Gods, you screwing up my mornings, too. Obviously the effect spans at least the 20 miles between us.

My morning was way off here, too, as is evident from the above.

The JJs were doing much better than the mainland stations, but then only in short bursts. I noted 873 NHK1 Kumamoto at a very solid 9, about the best that I ever heard them. My "new" CNR1 on 540 continues to show every morning and today, I had a probable CNR2 on 990. Otherwise, it was JJs, with the low band NHK1s doing well and 1098//1287 noted very briefly (first time here.) Each time that I turned past the Three Musketeers (or is that "the Three Samurai"?) of 747, 774 aqnd 828, two of them were poor and one was just BLASTING in.

I guess that I'd characterize the conditions here as "Limited and Disturbed."

Walter, have you noticed that we seem to be more affected by auroral perturbations than do Ratzlaff and Martin, 200 miles to our South? It seems so to me. Speaking of auroral, what are the dates of your Thanksgiving visit to the Queen Charlottes???

Here's hoping that this morning was just a momentary downturn!

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Ultralights
Antennas: Wellbrook Phased Array SE/NW
Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest