[IRCA] Those of you who can hear KFI (or used to be able to)

[IRCA] Those of you who can hear KFI (or used to be able to)

KFI fired up their new tower and returned to 50 KW late this afternoon. I'm curious as to whether you're hearing KFI as well as you used to before their tower came down in December of 2004. The new tower is slightly shorter and has a large top hat. They had to agree to that to get approval to replace the tower. The old tower was 175.7 degrees electrical height. The new tower is 158.1 degrees electrical height and the top hat ads 23.3 degrees electrical height.

I know just enough about AM towers to be dangerous so I have a question for you broadcast engineers out there. Beyond ground wave (especially at night) should the top hat have any effect on the signal strength as compared to what it used to be? I'm too close to be able to tell.

73