Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 9-19

Hi Walt,

     My home location is quite poor for DU's, and most  of the stations
reported by you, Nick and Colin never come up to audio.   Puyallup has a large hill
to the southwest, which obviously absorbs much of the  DU signal for Guy and
me.  The northwest direction is wide open here,  though, and the Puyallup
valley's rich soil (4 miles from salt water) seems  to do the trick for Japanese,
Chinese and other Asians-- maybe even somewhat  competitive with Victoria, hi.

73,  Gary

In a message dated 9/19/2008 7:28:58 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
salmaniw@xxxxxxx writes:

At 07:20  AM 9/19/2008, you wrote:
>Hello Guys,
>
>   It was a decent morning here with high average  propagation,  providing a
>new modified E100 Ultralight logging of JOPG-585  (which  I had been chasing
>for some days).  Propagation was  good but not great,  with "almost" audio
on
>603, 684 and 1134,  all of which would have been new E100  loggings.  All
the
>powerhouse frequencies except high band (noticeably  anemic on  1566 and
1575) plu
>s many seasonal performers like the NK's and  Chinese  area stronger
stations
>were pretty decent today.   The modified  ICF-2010 had heterodynes on almost
>every split  frequency.
>
>     73, Gary
>
>Modified ICF-2010:  30" loopstick constructed of four 7.5"  Amidon  ferrite
>bars, wound with 40/44 Litz wire
>Modified  E100:  7.5" Amidon Slider loopstick + Murata CFJ455K5  narrow IF
>filter

Obviously missed the boat here in Victoria.   Didn't listen until 14:00 and
only heard a few weak DUs in the lower half of  the band.  Yes, the upper half
has sure been anemic  lately.........Walt.

original  contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its
editors, publishing staff, or officers

For more information:  http://www.ircaonline.org