Re: [IRCA] 738 Tahiti audible now

Hi Walt,

I "rewound the tape" on Pereus to 0616 from last night's SDR recordings, and
found RFO Tahiti exactly as you described. From 0630-0637 though, they were
doing quite a bit better, with presumed news items in French.

I've just finished my first of four nights "babysitting" John B's antennas
from his Orcas Island home while he and his wife are exploring Peru. Since I
have a preliminary release of ver. 1.1C of Perseus that can record all of
medium wave, my plan is to record the band continuously from 0530 - 1505
UTC, with an antenna change from the Aussie-beam Super Conti Loop at 1030
UTC to the NW Wellbrook Phased Array (I gotta get up out of bed for the
antenna switch...it ain't automated yet :^)

I had the receiver recording from 200 kHz to 1800 kHz last night, but this
evening I think I will set it for 100 kHz - 1700 MHz to capture more of
longwave.

My plan is to review the previous night's recordings, at least for the
highlights, during the day, and dig in deeper into the DX over the weeks
ahead. More details will probably make their way onto my blog.

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA
DXing from Orcas Island