[IRCA] TP's for 09-18-08

--
Good Morning:

DX this morning from 1250-1313 utc.  The location was
Bryce Canyon National Park at Sunrise point.  Elevation
8,015',  Dxing on a log bench with about a hundred people
around taking pictures of the sunrise.

594   Japan, JOAK  1255 with 7.0 signal with Japanese talk.

774   Japan, JOUB 1250 7.0, rose up to 8.0 at 1305 with
         good signal, man and woman in Japanese.  When from
         8 to nothing at local sunrise 1313 utc.  Weak audio noted
         under JOUB, tried some DU channels, but nothing.

828   Japan, JOBB 1252 7.0, up to 7.5 at 1307. Japanese talk.

Nothing on the upper  channels 1566 & 1575.  Took some pictures
of the R-30 cc and Space magnet loop while listening to JOUB 774.
It was about 45 degrees with a slight  breeze.  Lodge room was to
noisy for any DXing.  Very surprised at the Japanese signals levels
in Utah.  Wish I would have gotten up earlier and set up a bog
in the meadow up the road.  Not sure were we will be staying
tonight.  Chance of Northern Utah or Idaho.

Dennis,
Bryce Canyon National Park
Palstar R-30 CC & Space Magnet