Re: [IRCA] 1540 WADK Newport RI...CONFIRMED on the AIR at time of my Reception!!!

Re: [IRCA] 1540 WADK Newport RI...CONFIRMED on the AIR at time of my Reception!!!

Congratulations Rob!

Since you logged this at 1956EDT, and about 20 minutes ahead of us sunrise
and sunset, all I can add to that is "never underestimate the power of grey
line propagation".

73 de Joe, KJ8O

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:51:53 -0400, Robert Ross wrote
> Hello Guys:
>
> Well....I just got an Email back from Bobb Angel the Operations Mgr
> for WADK 1540 Newport, Rhode Island....and he says that at 1956EDT
> when I heard their station.....they were Indeed on the air!! This in
> spite of the fact that they are a Daytime Only Station!! It's
> possible they were still on 1000 watts Full Power....or if they
> switched to Low Power, as they should have..they would have been on
> only 150 Watts. The Happy part of this is that the WERE on the
> air......and I was not hearing a GHOST!!! So with this
> Confirmation.....WADK 1540 is going in the Logbook...especially
> since I DID hear the ID Liner as WADK-NEWPORT!! @ 1956 EDT.

-- 73 de Joe Miller, KJ8O, Troy, MI -- Grid EN82 --
------ WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com) ------