[IRCA] Some early-season MW observations

[IRCA] Some early-season MW observations

With the DX season starting up, I've noticed a few odd things on the bands
over the last two months.

1. On 630- WBMQ- Savannah GA has been dominating here, instead of the usual
WMAL-Washington.  I think WMAL has had some transmitter issues and may not
be on full power, but I have been impressed with WBMQ's signal- quite strong
recently.

2. On 910- what a jumbled mess.  It sounds like a graveyard channel here in
central Delaware.  WSBA-York PA usually dominates but not so far this
season.

3. Is it just me or does the X-band seem a bit dead so far?

4. With RVC-530 off, CIAO Brampton ON has been a regular over the last
week.  At least I think that's CIAO, the audio matches their webstream,
although I have yet to hear a good ID.  I've been hearing some announcer
playing easy-listening type music and he has a weird accent, like a cross
between a Jamaican accent and an Irish one.

5. Still no Saudi audio on 1521 but the het is there every night.

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE

5. The Cuban wobbler was quite the pest a few nights ago on 930.  Will he be
a regular this season?

6. Got my first TA of the season a few nights ago- Croatia on 1134 but I
couldn't pull them in on my SRF-59.