Re: [IRCA] Trans-World Radio 800Kc

The mention of TWR on 800 also brings back some memories for me. Years ago, when you still could, John Wilkins & I would run BOGs on an old farm site North of Denver International Airport. Wayne Heinen and Chris Knight joined us on occasion. I had a Drake SW-8 then and the batteries ran out about half way through our DX session. My back up was a Sony ICF-2002. When I connected the 2002 to an 1800 ft. 115 degree BOG, I distinctly recall arm chair copy of TWR on the 2002, among other nice loggings! That was not quite an ultralight, but close Hi!

Thanks for the memory jog!

73

Craig Barnes
Wondervu, CO