[IRCA] KMJY and KPWL

I stopped by the the old KMJY 700 transmitter site on Memory Lane (yes that is the name) in Oldtown, Idaho last week and found some interesting things. The KMJY towers and transmitter building were still standing. I found out subsequently that Jim Stargell and his wife Helen, previous owners of KMJY, still live at the site next to the towers. On the other side of the Stargell home to the east, a couple of towers were under construction. I assume they are for KPWL 1370. Although KMJY was and KPWL is licensed for Newport, Washington, the sites are actually located in Oldtown, Idaho. You can see some photos of the sites at http://radiotowers.info/gallery2/v/Idaho/

Bill Harms