Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] TP's 09-04-08 (1737 activity)

Hey Steve:

The het I heard on 1737.0 must have been the driftnet beacon (I think you
said that KUT wanders up to 1737.3-ish).

Interesting that 594 made it to my corner of the world, but not so much
anywhere else!

Kevin

This was not the morning to try for 1737 KUT, at least for me. It wasn't
heard. However a driftnet beacon with a combination of fast CW of letters, numbers and a long dash, repeating every 20 seconds or so was on 1737.0 in
CW mode. 1736.0 has the digital/FSK garbage signal that's been there the
past several weeks, fairly strong. That's probably what Dennis was hearing
in "LSB" he mentioned before, when tuned to 1737.0.
LF was so good that I didn't check MW until very late. 738 and 774 with
Australia, poor, at 1326 utc, long past the usual peak here. Some talk on
828 but too poor to get language.
(New Zealand was especially good this morning for LF beacons, with several
Australians as well.)
Steve
NE Oregon
R75, AR7030, longwires