Re: [IRCA] Stations That Have Shut off HD Radio

Re: [IRCA] Stations That Have Shut off HD Radio

Rich,

Thanks for the update on the IBOC in the Bay area. Also 910 & 960 SF run
it and 1310.  I am glad KGO shut it off. KFBK is a terror with their
IBOC at night here. 1140 and 650 to a lessor degree. 1470 is a non issue
as they null this way and are rare to hear. I hear it on KCBS also and
now even KNX LA, where I never noticed any IBOC hash from So CA
stations.before. I presume once KFI moves to their new tower, I will get
their IBOC too.
   It is so hard to believe that a million HD radios have been sold. I
wonder if those fiqures are correct? If the radios were selling like
that, a person would hear more about it and many stores would be selling
the radios. Like my new Yamaha receiver. It has XM processed into it,
but no HD. The thought of "all" radios having HD by 2010 is
unbelieveable. In other words a $20 portable, Ultralight's are going to
have HD?

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager