[IRCA] Average AM for TPs from Orcas Island

[IRCA] Average AM for TPs from Orcas Island

That's just about it.... average. I made one run up the dial at 1220 and found a number of the Chinese already in, along with the JJ Big Guns. Was hopeful for a great Chinese morning. I began in earnest at 1255, a half hour from LSR. Very average, with China being slightly favored. The only items of real interest were 738 doing particularly well at 1305 UT with a fat het and under-mod audio on 1143. That indicates Taiwan Fisheries, presumed. After about 4 or 5 similar receptions, I'm beginning to believe that it IS Taiwan Fisheries, with 738 working well and the always weaker 1143 having tx problems.

The other items of interest were 1575 VOA Thailand doing better than 1566 South Korea at a 9- for a while around 1310 and 675 showing Asian audio just after 1300. Might have been the first showing of Viet Nam.

The only sign of DUs for me was 3LO being almost equal with Japan about 1320.

Average, but fun.

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Ultralights
Antennas: Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest