To: <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2008 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Antennas for receiving...

Neil,

Re. your terminated BoG, what is the typical value of termination resistance and how should this vary per wire length? Can you null anything with just this one antenna alone? Is having just one antenna terminated an "optimal" situation?

This has me thinking that I could place a temporary BoG system near this QTH meaning I would have to reel in the wire after every DX session, but leave the ground rods there. As far as matching the BoG wires to a Quantum Phaser, would that require a transformer and an additional ground rod at the feedpoint per wire? 73.

Chris
Fort Lupton, Colorado
http://sites.google.com/site/2008amloggings/