Re: [IRCA] Movie question, but not OT

Mike and Patrick,

Thx guys, I figured it had to be a fictionalized call sign, but you never
know until you ask.

Maybe we should create a listing of fictional radio stations: KLVW, KBBL and
so on.

73 de Joe

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:09:45 -0700, Mike Hawkins wrote
> I checked my records today, and did not find KLVW listed in
> California anytime since 1920.
>
> Mike Hawkins
>
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Patrick Griffith, N0NNK / WPE9HVW <
> AM-DXer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I have two radio station guides from 1928 and 1929. Neither of them
> > shows KLVW as being an active call. Of course it may have been issued
> > after these guides were published. Maybe the movie was promoting the
> > area's newest radio station!
> >
> > In 1928 San Francisco had KFRC (610), KFWI (930), KGTT (1420), KJBS
> > (1100), KPO (680), and KYA (1230). That count doesn't include the
> > suburbs. Oakland, San Jose, and Berkeley added another 7 stations to the
> > mix.

-- 73 de Joe Miller, KJ8O, Troy, MI -- Grid EN82 --
------ WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com) ------