Re: [IRCA] More IBOC discovery

Chris,

Yes, IBOC was never made for AM. It was for FM from the beginning, but
the NAB wanted it for AM too, even after the concerns were noted that it
would not work well for AM. Well, now we all know that. Legal jamming is
what I have heard from more than one engineer. If you have enough AM/FM
IBOCers in a market, you cannot receive out of market radio. The big
outfits do not want you listening to out of market radio. TV is that
way. It is almost impossible to subscribe to out of market TV in the US.
There are many under the table ways, but they are not available easily
to most Americans. It all comes down to "control".

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager