[IRCA] TP for 9 Aug from Victoria, BC

Listened for almost exactly the same period that Bill did, 1155 to 1240UT, mostly Asian, with occasional DU's popping through.  No obvious shift to DU as time went on, though I might have missed a late opening, as the propagation monitor says that 612 peaked around 1250...But signals appeared to be fading when I threw in the towel.

I haven't noticed 1566 with any better modulation; a thunderous carrier at times this morning, but only the most imaginary of audio.  The Korean on 972 seems to have better modulation than in the past, but I haven't ID'd it for sure, so (wishful thinking), maybe it's the Chinese on the channel instead.

pretty darn good audio (at least briefly): none

reasonable audios (though often battling w/splash or noise):
747 at 1232UT //774;  not heard at all before 1219
774 at 1212;
(both Japanese)

not so reasonable audio, occasional words in splash or noise:
279  at 1210 and 1222
639 islandish sounding talk at 1238UT
702 at 1208UT, bucking the trend, by looping DU

Burbles in the splatter and noise:
234 around 1200UT and after, //279; big carrier, but weak modulation.  Unusual.
576 at 1236 DU
612 at 1229 DU
828 at 1216, //774, JJ.
972 at 1225
1017 at 1155UT; a mystery, seemed Asian by direction, but not //JOUB-774, soon faded completely
1287 at 1228, looping to Asia
1575 man talking 1234, possibly Thailand, but really too weak to ID language

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):   (Asian unless noted)   594, 738 DU, 936 DU, 1098 DU, 1053, 1134, 1242, 1503 DU, 1566

best wishes,

Nick