Re: [IRCA] TP for 12 July

At 04:55 PM 7/12/2008 +0000, you wrote:
Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter): 639 DU at 1219; 738 likely Tahiti per loop; 1017 DU; 1098 briefly at 1212; 1386 DU; 1566, likely HLAZ; 1592.98kHz approx, along with something weaker on channel, as Dennis observed. The MWoffsets list says R. Samoa in New Zealand has been off channel before, but above 1593.0kHz

Its almost certainly Radio Samoa... I heard them as a carrier the first three AMs at Grayland, clearly off channel LOW and then on that last Kiwi Heaven morning, I had Polynesian/Melanesian music. I measured the freq as 1592.975, give or take :>)

Made it back from southern Oregon thru the Friday afternoon Rush Half Day in Portland, Tacoma and Seattle.... only to have the joys of huge ferry lines awaiting a weekend trip out to the Islands. 'Course, it was crystal clear, a beautiful volcano was looming over the parking lot, sailboats and tankers were in the channel, nubile young ladies were parading around, most ostensibly walking their dogs, and it as 72 degrees with a light breeze. Its a nasty job but sumbuddy has to do it!

John B.